Join Our Team
A Family Storage is looking for a Landscaper to be a part of our team. You will represent our company and the facilities we manage with a positive attitude and eagerness to learn and do your best every day while presenting yourself in a professional manner at all times. All duties as outlined in this job description will be performed under the supervision of the Assistant Operations Manager and the Operations Manager to ensure application of the best industry practices and portfolio performance. Responsible for completing landscape jobs throughout Tucson in an efficient manner, promoting job worksite safety, providing excellent customer service, and exhibits pride and quality workmanship.
The following are brief descriptions of job responsibilities you will be required to perform. Each procedure and policy will be explained in more detail as you go through the interview process. Upon employment with the company, thorough on‐site training will be provided by an experienced manager.
• Work at various facility locations.
• Responsible for the cultivation and care of the landscape and grounds surrounding our properties.
• Rake and prune the grounds as needed using shears, pruners, or chain saws.
• Planting, shrubs, bushes and trees. Watering and fertilizing.
• Apply, mix and spray / spread fertilizers, herbicides and insecticides to rid grounds of pests.
• Provide proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots and other grounds features, clearing.
walkways and or driveways of debris.
• Eradicate all weeds by pulling and spraying.
• Maintain and install rock, cement, lighting, irrigation as needed.
• Cut down tree limbs that are posing a danger or remove trees as needed.
• Perform minor repairs and maintenance procedures on equipment utilized in grounds keeping.
• Perform routine light maintenance duties as requested as well as painting of poles, buildings, roofs and other items as needed.
• Use hand tools and powered equipment such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge and brush
trimmers, blowers, chain-saws, electric clippers, pruning saws and axes.
• Trashing out Storage units and moving furniture.
• Attend to any possible safety hazards immediately, reporting all possible issues to your supervisor
immediately for guidance.
• Work closely with management to receive training and coaching when needed, striving to exceed any and
all -A- Family Company expectations.
• Must be able to work independently with a high amount of integrity.
• Refer to and comply with the Ventura Policy & Procedure Manual at all times.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task • Strong attention to detail, organizational, time-management and problem-solving skills.
• Focuses on making improvements
• Has technical expertise and in-depth job knowledge
• Enjoys and easily operates independently or as part of a small team
• Understands how position and work contributes to company success
• Minimum one year of Landscaping and / or related experience.
• Knowledge of and ability to use effectively all equipment related to the position as listed
• Professional presentation and appearance.
• Applicants should be able to lift up to 50 pounds / pull up to 80 pounds. Personnel are expected to
perform repetitive physical tasks that require lifting, pushing, and pulling of material/product and standing throughout each shift and endure elements.
• MUST be 25 years or older.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Successful background check.
• Reliable transportation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Safety Sensitive Position
SHARE THIS JOB OPENING