Join Our Team
If you have a maintenance background and are looking for a place to call home, Ventura Properties, LLC is the place for you. We are looking for a Maintenance Technician with experience in painting, plumbing, carpentry, electrical, and metal roll-up doors. Maintenance Technicians are responsible for all aspects of property maintenance including: curb appeal, service requests, apartment turnover, preventative maintenance, and resident relations. You will represent our company and the facilities we manage with a positive attitude, willingness to help tenants and customers and eagerness to learn and do your best every day while presenting yourself in a professional manner at all times. All duties as outlined in this job description will be performed under the supervision of the Property Manager and Regional Manager to ensure application of the best industry practices and portfolio performance. This is a full-time position.
The following are brief descriptions of job responsibilities you will be required to perform. Each procedure and policy will be explained in more detail as you go through the interview process. Upon employment with the company, thorough on‐site training will be provided by an experienced manager.
• Perform maintenance, as required, to have apartments in a move-in condition.
• Perform work orders as assigned in a timely manner.
• Basic knowledge of equipment functions and appliance repair.
• Performs all maintenance and preventive maintenance tasks assigned.
• Available to respond to emergency situations/on-call duties when needed, stress-free.
• Responsible for arriving to work on time and communicating any schedule changes.
• Ensure all common areas and amenities are clean and in good working order.
• Fast-paced, high-pressure environment, must remain focused.
• Willing to learn new things that may come up.
• Maintain daily and weekly paperwork, including but not limited to: Time Sheets, Mileage Reports, Expense Reports/Receipts and Purchase Orders.
• Other tasks or duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Strong attention to detail, organizational, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
• Has the ability to interact with a diverse client roster.
• Focuses on making improvements.
• Carefully considers cost/benefits.
• Has technical expertise and in-depth job knowledge.
• Can work alone with little direction.
• Understands position and work contributes to company success.
- MUST be 25 years or older.
- Handyman experience
- Carpentry skills is a plus
- Plumbing skills
- Metal roll-up doors
- Appliance Repair
- HVAC and EPA Refrigerant certification is a must
- Electrical skills
- Professional presentation and appearance.
- Applicants should be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Personnel are expected to perform repetitive physical tasks that require lifting, pushing, and pulling of material/product and standing throughout each shift.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Successful background check.
- Reliable transportation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Safety Sensitive Position
SHARE THIS JOB OPENING